View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:42 AM   #61
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingiang View Post
u can get 3-350 with a s15 turbo
Brake HP at flywheel yes,

We have been able to hit 300 WHP on the dyno dynamics with teh S15 turbo and stock cams on S14 stock long block, with FMIC and Exhaust but the turbo was pretty close to maxing out.

I have seen some cars with head work, cams, standalone and S15 turbo making 330 whp on DD, and 355-360 on DJ but cars were running around 18 psi and had almost 18 hours of dyno tuning into them.

With enough fine tuning and money spent on tuning you can really push the limits of various setups But with fly by night and all the low balling and lack of money investing in these cars in the actual tuning of the EMS sometimes the real full potential is never met. gotta pay to play.

I think the 2871R is still the best option for a good bolt up 300-360 WHP turbo on pump gas with minimal EMS, ROM retuning for a street setup. With a little more time in tuning and Haltech or better EMS on a good dyno you can see upwards of 400 whp even on pump gas with the right boost and timing. Motor and everything needs to be in tip top mechanical condition though. Some of these container motors and even the rebuilt ones are just not put together as well as they could be, this will zap outputs and probably why from setup to setup with all the external mods being equal many cars have very different actual road power outputs.