View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 05:56 PM   #7
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Me: "Hi I'd like to buy a Q45 diff, the driver side axle, and both hubs"
Scrapyard: "Sure thing, just the driver side axle? and you don't need spindles?"
Me: "that is correct you can keep the the spindles and all that, unless its too much trouble to separate them"
Scrapyard: "Oh its no problem to separate the hubs etc... "

One week later I go to pick up the diff, axle, and hubs from the shipping company.
I open my trunk expecting a guy to roll around the corner with a pallet, and some stuff strapped to that pallet. That I was going to unstrap and put into my trunk.

Well, he rolls around the building with a forklift and a pallet containing this:

LOL At this this arriving and me not being able to fit it in the corolla I was driving. And I don't carry a 34mm socket or whatever with an impact either to remove the axle nut.

It started raining. And it rained the next 3 hours.

I drove it back with the door open on one side
it leaked gear oil and power steering fluid (which looked red so... guess what it was) and smeared grease everywhere and broke both door panels and tore the head liner. But I got it back now ready to clean it up and get it in. Looks like no ABS sensor again so score, shouldn't need to cut the driveshaft. I am using a 4l80e yolk with a 4l60e length driveshaft so there is only 1/4" or so of ... whatever its called

The VLSD action feels tight, right like every vlsd I ever felt.
However one of the output flanges has a little bit of free play. I can slop it in and out a little bit. The other one doesn't do that. Is something bad, some kind of thrust spacer?
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote