View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 11:42 PM   #32
joeapple8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
joeapple8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
I started a serious one like about 2 years ago and I am somewhere above $5k (Conbined from two jobs with 401ks set up. I worked for a total cheap ass of an employer in one and a generous one in the second.). Havent checked on the exact number
My current does a 3% safe harbor meaning they put 3% of my salary with out me doing any thing, any thing I do would be out of my own pocket so I try to put out a good 8% but some times I'd rather buy car parts. It's okay all of my investments are set to aggressive since I have time to recover, the 500 looking mighty fine, it was a good thing I decided to put a little extra in when the 500 dipped the past couple of months.

I want to eventually break off and roll over my savings into a traditional 401k instead of one managed by my company, I don't like the funds my company offers.

Any tips on how to get above 12% return rate on 401k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_rempel View Post
Inflation is only at ~1.7% right now, so you're seeing a real rate of return of 6.55%
Unless you're invested in risky holdings, that's not a bad short-term return.

Right now it's 70% VFIAX and 30% PRGFX before I had all of my shit in VFFVX while being fisted for a 0.69% management expense while not even gaining any thing, I decided to go against some advice and trade off every thing for the VFIAX which has a low expense of 0.05% fee with moderate gains.

My whole savings is in stocks right now and is pretty risky but I do keep a good eye on whats going on and am active with my account.
joeapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote