View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 02:53 PM   #10
Tieny

Trader Rating: (0)
Tieny is an unknown quantity at this point
If its hard shifting through ALL the gears, it makes me think its a disengaging issue. Have someone press the clutch in while you look to see how much the clutch fork is moving. If the fork isn't pivoting much it'll not release your clutch fully causing the hard shifting.

Also see if you can shift through the gears when the engine is off. (Which I see someone has asked)

Basically if you are able to shift through the gears while the engine is off, then it definitely leads to an disengaging clutch issue. But you said "once you first turn it off, it doesn't" until after you shift it a few times (I'm assuming because it's still spinning a bit before fully stopping).

Just to make sure you can shift through easily with the engine off, have the car lifted from the rear and spin the rear tires a bit and then try shifting through the gears again. Repeat a this a couple times. If you're constantly getting hard shifts at first and then smooth, I would think your gear teeth/hub teeth are pretty bad and rounded throughout the tranny. (bad/worn dog keys within the trans can also cause this since it won't provide a decent range for the syncho hub teeth to align with the gear teeth. - requires rebuild)

fyi: reverse gear will always be the worst worn out gear out of all of them so that's normal even in decent working transmissions.

after reading through the thread, I would most likely think its a disengaging issue first.
Tieny is offline   Reply With Quote