View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #22
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderig View Post
That's not the reason I'm going for it. I simply stated the pros to owning a diesel. I have done my research and will be buying a truck soon hopefully if all goes well...
OK...it just sounded like you were thinking the diesel saved on fuel...which might be true, but people seemt o always overlook the other costs, or assume they are similar to a gas engine.

Just making sure you looked at all the angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
I'd like to replace my Silverado with a Titan some day.
Titan's are OK, but be aware of the weak rear axles. It's an issue, if you plan to tow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
I think if you'll strap your coupe a couple feet farther back on the trailer it won't squat the Titan so much and will pull better for you.
I think the best thing you can do for many 1/2 tons...is spend $200 on a supplemental air-bag setup.

Adds 2 bags over the leaf springs, and eliminates the squat. Also greatly improves the stability - One bag on each side of the truck's frame acts like an anti-sway bar.

Here's my Titan, towing +5000lbs...with no squat at all:

(that ITA racecar was a fucking blast to own...sold it last year )

- Brian