View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 12:54 AM   #28
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
IS300 = 90s car (1998)
S2000 = 90s car (1999)
CT9A = developed in the late 90s, released in 01 (technically 2000 as the Lancer Cedia seeing as the Evo7 was developed on that chassis)
350z = developed in the late 90s, released in 02
Miata NA and NB = 90s cars, the NC was garbage and the ND isnt much better

just saying...

-----------------------------------------------

Japanese cars from the past 10 years....

GTR - fat, bloated, ugly and no manual option... WAY too much technology, makes owners think they can drive when they really cant!
Mazdaspeed 3 - damn fun FWD car... will probably sell my Protege5 to a 1st gen (I drove the piss out of my ex's 2010 2nd gen, was a BLAST)
Civic SI - meh, torquey as all hell... but is all around soft
370z - the 370z looks like shit (and has done since the 350z), car is amazingly stiff but its a chassis thats been around for 14 years now... its a dead horse
RX8 - handled and drove amazingly! IMO looked awesome, ABSOLUTELY GUTLESS!!!
Evolution 10 - would give my left nut to own one... potential wasnt realized until a few years after is release. absolutely gorgeous car! a little soft, but can be easily fixed with coilovers
STI - god awful looking now. GR platform really came into its own toward the end of its lifespan.
FRS/BRZ - do not buy unless youre 22... also, GUTLESS!!!
NSX - way too much technology (again, like GTR), first of the new wave of hybrid based JDM super cars... also, auto only!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand last but not least, though not Japanese made...

Mustang Ecoboost - THE NEW SILVIA!!! GET OVER IT!!!
you're a bit on crack....

r35 is a fast car because its a fast car. looks nice too. would prefer a MT but thats obviously not an option

370z looks nice and is a complete improvement over the 350z in every way. tired design though, nissan needs to move forward with a successor already

rx8 is a turd. talk about ugly. never to be considered a successor to the FD. unacceptable.

evo 10. who would in their right mind would ever want to own a mitsubishi. 7-9 were the only cars of interest, the rest is all dog shit.

the 86 and ND miatas ARE the best budget sports cars to come out of japan recently. worth every dollar.

as for the NSX, the new design goes with the etymology behind its name: New Sportscar eXperimental. there is no reason why the car should be anything pure or light-weight. honda had the power to do whatever they felt would speak for the brand. i dont care for the new vehicle for the same reasons as you, but i wont knock them for doing what they did.

as for the new mustang, i dont get it. car looks nice from the exterior, but i cant manage to sit in the interior of a new mustang OR camaro without wanting to throw up. its a really shitty driving environment.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote