View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 02:09 PM   #6
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
American car companies are selling performance cars and kicking ass.
The first comment x1009092. There is NOTHING that ticks 90% of the boxes like a ATS-V or a GT350, or a Hell cat, or SRT Challenger, or a Focus RS or a Ecoboost Mustang, etc. If I want a mundane hatchback with some power, grab a used Focus ST. If I want something the wife can drive and haul our kids, grab a ATS-V. If I want more utility, grab a SRT8. If I want ground stomping power, grab a Hellcat or Viper. If I want gas mileage, grab a Cruz.

I hate to say it, and this is from a die hard Japan guy (grew up around the early Evolution Of Tommy Makinen and STIs of McRae for instance, Silvias, everything all the flat brim boys fawn at, etc), but America is just producing a better product, simple. And they are actually fairly reliable, comfortable, are lookers and perform remarkably well against the German counterparts. If consumables weren't so high, I would be in a CTS-V right meow.

Quote:
Japan just simply doesn't make anything exciting and halfway affordable anymore. They seemed to all hit a wall at around 300hp and kept making the cars bigger and heavier. Meanwhile Ford is making base models that come with 300+hp stock lol.[/
Japan has always has (atleast up until recently) a gentleman's cap @ 300HP. This has been in place for decades.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote