View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #13
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
You have the dizzy off a tooth. I spent all day getting mine centered. It needs to be just like the picture in the FSM. However;

I have mine completely centered and aligned. During warm up (nismo t-stat) the timing is 20* with the dizzy is centered like in the FSM picture. After the engine is warm, the timing slowly falls to around 15*. This makes me believe there are more things that affect timing than the KS which is bypassed at the ECU.

I dont have any sensors, and I think the VSS, nuetral position switch. I think these might have something to do with the timing being pulled (or even code 105 for EGR solenoid). I have the move the distributor almost all the way advanced, which in turn distances the rotor from the dizzy cap pins, which causes corrosion and a weaker spark. The housing bolts need to be centered. If you pull the cap off and move the crank to 20* BTDC on cylinder 1, the rotor should point directly to plug 1 on the cap. This is 20*, however something is seriously retarding my timing, and its inconsistant at best.

Also, when I unplug the TPS, and start the engine the engine surges to about 2k rpms and stays there. To drop the idle I have to squease the IACV hose on the intake a few times.

Edit: when I touch the distributor cap around the ignition coil (s14)the timing changes completely. I was somewhere around 40* btdc. I retarded the timing back to where the distributor looked like in the FSM picture (read about 10* then on the light), and I touch the cap at a certain area and the timing jumped up to 20*

Last edited by Bigsyke; 07-23-2010 at 07:40 PM..
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote