View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 07:39 AM   #9
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
The ACL/Orbit oil pump for the SR is an OE replacement, it does not flow any more than a brand new OEM pump. The main differences is that the ACL one is cheaper and usually in stock.

Personally I've used these pumps on builds up to about 1,000HP on the SR specifically, past that you're splitting blocks in half and going dry sump.

The only upgraded pump available that would flow more is the SR20VE oil pump which you can only get from the factory if it's in stock and you'll also need a conversion pickup, conversion timing pointer, balancer machined, a spacer for said balancer, and I believe that should be it off the top of my head.

If that sounds a bit excessive blame Nissan's infinite wisdom to integrate the oil pump into the timing cover rather than do it like an LS where it bolts to the block.

Long story short, for your goals the ACL is perfect.