View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #37
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post

If Nissan were to bring this car out to compete with the FRS/BRZ, the price would be similar as well, meaning 25-28k. Those who want the BMW will buy it for the refinement and luxury, or for the BMW name. People spend 100k for a Nissan GTR, when they could also spend 100k for an M5 or a 7 series. It comes down to the individual client and what specific wants/needs they have from a vehicle.

If this car from Nissan really does come out, I can tell you exactly how it's going to go: It'll be the hottest thing out for about a year. The kids who can't afford it will bitch about how it needs more power or how it could be better in some way, even though they will have never driven it. Every second rate car reviewer with a youtube channel will make a car review on it. There will be rocket bunny available for it like 2 weeks after it hits dealer lots, and people will be throwing BC coilovers and xxr/rota/miro/varrstoen wheels on it like crazy. People will come up with new hashtags to get maximum likes and follows. People will stop really giving a shit about it after a year or two, and talk about how it's not relevant until it gets more power.
Sounds like a certain chassis you and I used to own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
I can't wait till they are sub-10K. Stuff a turbo BEAMs in that bitch and braap to my hearts content. Fuck you Toyota, if you won't build it, we will.
Toyota is fucking up with the lack of motor updates. If the sales are 'suffering' it's not due to the FRS being shitty...it's due to the manufacturer giving us light-up badges and shitty aero and calling it 'all-new'.

People love to bring up the fact that Scion is dead and then go on to say the FRS couldn't save Scion. Uhhh last time I checked they had 7 cars in the Scion lineup and only two (FRS/XB) were worth a shit. How the fuck are you gonna hang Scion's demise on the fucking ZN6? Bunch of morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
I wish automakers would just say fuck it and produce cheap enthusiast cars again.
Never gonna happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
exactly, and a new gt86 with a manual is just a hair over $25k msrp.
...soooooo are you just posting hear to read your own comments? The hypocrisy is strong in these two comments. Not trying to be too much of an asshole. Just saying.

As someone that owned an FRS and is constantly dealing with the maintenance required on a 2005 Forester and a '93 S13 I can honestly say that selling the FRS was a mistake. I'm leaving for Japan TOMORROW and I STILL want to bring an FRS with me to Japan. Best option for guys like us: low entry cost (used) and a healthy aftermarket lineup. The motor is 'meh' but the car is a blast in the curves. If you honestly need more just buy a turbo kit. I'm actually getting pretty sick of dudes talking out of their ass about the ZN6 when they've never owned one or put it through some mountain roads.