View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 08:03 AM   #148
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Well, that?s a helluva a way to end the year? sorry about the motor and other broken parts.
Its just part of the game. I laughed because im coming up on 10 years owning this car in 10 days, and yet again, it'll be sitting there with no engine in it..haha.
I dropped off my new block at the machine shop this past week with pistons, so it'll be getting a similar build.

-ARP Main / Head Studs
-King Main / Rod Bearings
-Manley Rods
-Wiseco .020" pistons
-MLS headgasket (likely Cometic)

I disassembled my old bottom end last night, and I really killed everything. #2 Rod bearings went, the upper one pushed itself around the connecting rod, and killed the crank and rod.

Likely going to be done with that block. Its already bored .060" which is the max for a KA block (to my knowledge) so even if I got another good crank and another rod, I just don't see it being a good long term investment as a spare - when I can grab a longblock for 2-300 when the time strikes. Getting internals at cost through work helps.

tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote