View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #70
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to have noticed a shift lately.
It seems like these days the forums and for sale ads are flooded with uneducated language. That may just be the biggest thing that upsets me. Half the time I can't even understand what someone is trying to say. It seems as though this new generation was never told the difference between "sell" and "sale" or "then" and "than."
The other thing that bugs me is the amount of kids that buy cars in good condition, only to gut the interior and slap stickers on every available inch of the car. I don't understand the "LOOK AT ME!!!" style, especially when a majority of these kids just cut their springs to lower their car, install some cheap, loud exhaust, and don't even think about any real performance improvements. It seems that in this "scene" it's more important to have a car that "looks cool" than anything else. Which is how we've arrived at a point where kids will rivet over fenders onto their car and then slap 50mm spacers behind their seven inch wide wheels to make it look "cool."
The only thing I can say is just ignore it. These kids don't really care about their cars, and within ten years they'll be onto the next "in" thing. For the rest of us, just try to ignore the 240 tourists, which is all they really are.