View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 04:23 PM   #947
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Small Update: "Off Season Reflections....Off Season Workings"

As much drama has been going on here in the forum world, I'd like to take a moment to explain a few things.

There have been a few members on the forum that have taken personal shots at me, saying that I live a "Fake Life," and that I get things for "Free" and that all i do is Slap things on my car, don't do any real work with it. And hope it works.

Although I know our forum goes in waves with these things... members come and go, and the guys who are in it for the long haul... are who they are and I appreciate those members. It still bothers me that such ignorance is present. There's really nothing I can do about it either. But It just seems absurd to me that someone can see you, ask for tons of help...like literally blow you up non-stop. You give them advice....constant advice about whatever they ask...and or what they're trying to accomplish. Which by the way...is all out of courtesy and just wanting to help people avoid paying out extra money and wasting time. You tell them the truth about something...they don't like to hear it.. and although it may be good advice.. it pisses them off.. and all the sudden were back in kindergarten, and they revert to adolescence and call you names etc. That....or they actually go and try to mess things up with you and other relationships.

So I'll be 100% Honesty with all this...Let's get this straight. This is my life, my career, and something i've worked constantly towards for the past 6-7 Years of my life. I left a solid career, with good income, a good schedule... all to pursue this dream. No part of it is "Fake." There is no such thing as "Free." Everything comes with a price. And on top of that...the people making this claims don't know what my deals are. Nor do they know decisions have been made regarding what we're doing with the car and why.

I don't post intricate details on this forum..because sadly enough....there are people out there who would try and use that against you in some way or another. Or to Create Drama. I've had people go as far as trying to tell me what my engine builder/mentor/tuner instructed me to do to my set up..... Just because they read something somewhere that they think is fact....and that's the golden ticket. There is so much mis-information online it's ridiculous. Don't believe me? Read the whole beginning of my build thread and see what I went through. See the mistakes I had to learn the hard way from... and there is even a few posts in there where I specifically stated.... that part of me doing this build thread was so that people could see where I went wrong... what does and doesn't work for certain applications...and how to avoid it, simply by not repeating my mistakes. And despite trying to share those set backs with people....I still get flamed, name called..and so on. It's part of the gig in a way... and It's not going to change.. but what I'm trying to do is bring awareness to it. And hopefully the members that matter will stick around and the people trying to learn and do things correctly will gain some experienced knowledge through my personal set backs and prospers...and be able to apply them to their own situations.

But there is a reason why a lot of other guys don't get involved on the forum...because they don't want to deal with people who say they are this or say they are that. Or criticize their work...yet haven't nearly the experience themselves. It bothers me that a newcomer on the the forum might be mis-led by someone.. simply because that someone talks a big talk....

For instance.. just because someone Owns a brand new Ferarri 458... doesn't mean that they're a good driver. Doesn't mean that they know whats going on in their engine, or the best modifications they can do...or how to apply those modifications, build an engine, keep it running reliably, or even wire it or tune it. It just means that they had enough money.. and liked the product enough to buy it.

Just because you have a 3 rotor...doesn't mean you know what you're doing

Just because you have owned a 2/3 or 4 rotor...doesn't mean your experienced with engine building/set up, modifications. It just means you were brave enough to get into it on your own.

Just because you got a car running on a base map... doesn't mean you are a tuner.

In fact... a nice little story on this. Any Wyatt. Thee owner and creator of Adaptronic Engine Management flew out here to do the new ECU Modular set up on my car. After everything was set up/calibrated and working. He showed us how to really Dial in the Transient Tune using the tools that Eugene (Software) could offer. There were more than a few people at the shop at that time..and after the transient set up... Abel Ibarra Took over and did the rest of the tune. I overheard a conversation Andy was having with one of the guys that was hanging around...and he said to Andy "So how come you're not tuning the car anymore." ..(he was referring to my car...and how he jumped out and Abel jumped in). Andy replied "I'm not a tuner....I'm an engineer." That answer just about sums up my entire rant. Andy's reply was spot on... He knows he can tune...and I've seen him do full tunes before and he does a good job. But he's not a Tuner. He acknowledges that 100% and understands that he doesn't have the applied experience and Knowledge that Abel does in Tuning. And Vise Verse. Abel knows he doesn't want anything to do with engineering ecu's or software.

So Again.. Just because someone wires cars... doesn't make them a Tuner..and just because someone tunes cars... although I'd hope to god they knew a thing or two about it... doesn't mean they are good at it.

And Hell... this one gets me the most.. just because you are "Certified" doesn't mean you are a good tuner either. It just means you passed a course. Which most "Online Courses" these days are a joke anyhow.

There are some very under-rated people here on the forum..... some of who i've gone to for advice in the past....and they've helped me! So it's not to say that there aren't good knowledgeable people out there...But it is to say that you've got to do some good weeding to get past people who put on that front.

This is what makes the Forum so great... and not so great at the same time. I got my start on this forum... had up's and had down's...but through it all... I got a pretty large scope of whats going on in this world. Through it...i've gained priceless experience, knowledge and both a professional career working for a guy that I used to watch video's of ...mouth agape.. on you tube. It's been a constant challenge....and I feed off of that. I'm thankful for the opportunity and relish on everything I've gotten to experience.... the people I've met, places i've gone... all because of it. So i'll keep posting on this thread...and try to share with people my life experiences that were all started by this crazy Fd3s rotary drift car that my friends nick-named "The Wolf."

With that said... I'd like to take this time...Not only to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone on here that has Supported me! Anything from offering kind words, meeting in Person at events and or track days, to riding in my car and just being cool all the time....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I'd also like to open up any questions that people might've wanted to ask!! Let's ...set.... GO!!!

And The Update: "Behind the Scenes Look into processes"

I stopped by Threepiece.US to get my front wheels widened. They are currently 9"....but due to how low the car is...and balancing out the front end Grip...which is going to determine how much lower I go etc.. and lastly..not to destroy my fender on the tire edge. Going with a 1" larger lip....will lower the Wheels over all Outside Diameter I.D. The stretch will help..not just with the Fender... but with pulling the tire's increasing OD towards the center of the tire...down a tad...which will keep it away from the Frame of the car. At Full lock.. I have the room. SO 10" front compared to 9" front it is.
Ayyyy!!!

The guys over at ThreePiece.us got everything apart/Cleaned and we were able to do an in-depth short video/write up on the process of putting a Three Piece wheel together.
Here Mauricio had just pulled apart my wheel and had dropped the face into the new 5" outer Lip

Not even funny how much I like the 5" outers compared to the 4"

Silicon Seal applied

And my old 17X4" 40 Hole Outers are now for sale if anyone wants them. They are not bent, they have light scratches from use..but nothing that can't be polished out. Price is 140ish each or 260 for the set. Is that price good? Local Pick up preferred.

More Updates soon!!!!!

More parts trickling in!!

Stay tuned!

#ThisistheWolf