Thread: Brian's s14
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2023, 09:24 AM   #28
bjreynolds202

Trader Rating: (0)
bjreynolds202 is a well-known jackass
2023 Update

Haven't updated in a while. Ended up selling that blue BRZ, loved as it was. Ended up getting a better family oriented/daily driver which has been interesting, not used to having 4 doors!

Got the 300zx brake upgrade done:
  • Blue 300zx calipers front and rear
  • 350z slotted track rotors up front, 300zx rotors in the rear
  • SS Brake Lines
  • Master Cylinder Upgrade (1 1/16")
  • Hawk HPS Pads
  • High temp brake fluid.
What a difference, this sentiment has been thoroughly covered all over the internet, but wow were the stock brakes bad in this car. Feels much safer to drive now, took a few drives to get used to the brake response, easily one of my favorite parts of the car now, especially in the blue color.

Here are some pictures of the 240sx, my new daily, 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance, as well as the custom radio bezel I made on my CNC router since my OEM one cracked and priced for literally any part on these cars have skyrocketed.

I recently decided to try and fix the broken driver window that's sat for years, and with a nod to the insane prices lately, I bought a new regulator and motor and an aftermarket switch for a grand total of $500. Got everything out and back in and while it moves, I think the alignment or tracks or something is out of whack as the window see saws upward, so I'll need to spend some time aligning it correctly. I also just ordered a new Air filter and will be cleaning the MAF since the car decided to throw a p0100 at me on the first cruise with somewhat operational windows.

After that, I'd like to replace all of the ball joints, they seemed to be in pretty poor shape when the brakes were upgraded so that's next in line for sure, and after that I'm considering some coilovers since the springs on this car have never been great and the SPL arms I did a while back would probably appreciate some proper coils and an alignment.

Taking things day by day for now. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by bjreynolds202; 07-12-2023 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: air filter bit.
bjreynolds202 is offline   Reply With Quote