View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 07:24 PM   #22
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX
Oh well i posted my issue with the oil coler about 5 posts back, i have it in the headlight because there is no where else to put an oil cooler that is 4" think, i knw i know, the pics make it look 1" thick like the average oil cooler. As soon as i feel liek switching over to the DOHC bumper that has teh extra vents, ill move the cooler down under the factory battey location, and duct it and everything. And its deff enough, who would ever want to upgrade a 5"H X 6"L x 4"T oilcooler?

You're the one who created the packaging issues by hanging that intercooler out front in a stock bumper. Besides, that oil cooler is made for a PLANE. You know, 70mph stall speed and 120+mph cruising with positive airflow at much lower ambient temps.

Thats where i had the battery located when i was driving the caron the street full interior and with shit rolling around my trunk, and i just havnt had the time to relocate it, a bit of a hassle when i have a few extras that run off of it, cause i dont wanna mess with my wiring again. I have is passenger side to makeup up for when its just me, and i have it rearward to help with traction, because im already having issues with it, as i said in earlier posts.

You're having issues with traction because you upgraded power before suspension and tires. You REALLY, REALLY should've done suspension either first or at the same time.

Alignment is the factory specs, according to the alignment bay at my old place of business. Tire flex is due to a smaller tire being on the rim. NOt streched, but just not wide enough (itll be corrected before my next event with RA1's). I am running about 38psi hot, cold its like 32-34 i think, i adjusted them hot, havnt touched them since the last event, hard to recall the specifics. Rollover problem is not bue to the tires, its because i am running KYB shocks and Tein springs, apparently they dont get as stiff as they need to be for track racing, so those will get upgraded when i have the funds for it. (Buddy-Club Race Spec dampner).

Tire flex is due to your lack of negative camber and lack of pressure. 34 is pretty low on the Azenis Sport. A smaller tire than designated on the rim would have REDUCED flex, not increased flex. You immediately disagree with yourself by saying the flex is not because of the tires, but the suspension. Which is it, according to you?

All questions are welcome, but please read a little everyone before you tell me what you think i need to change, or look at the pictures a little more closely. I dont like repeting myself too often. Almost all the answers these questions are in the pics or already responded to. Keep them commin if i dont have anything on it tho.....
Bold was me.

You made the classic mistake. You went for power and ended up forsaking the chassis. Now you complain that you can't go as fast as you want. Suck it up and realize that it's your own fault. That's my opinion of your setup. The race car guys you talked to didn't say a negative word because they were being polite. I guarantee they looked at each other after you left and said "what the hell was he thinking, doing power first?" There isn't just one way to set up a race car, but undertiring the car is certainly wrong.

By the way, 225s won't cut it. You'll need 245s or bigger. I hope you aren't incredibly fond of stock bodywork.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote