View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #14
Beas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysnboost View Post
I have a 6.2. I'm running dual spal 12 inch pullers on a mishi rad. Try that with a 160 tstat. What temp are you running that has you concerned.
temps that have the coolant going into the overflow after 2 laps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
We aren't saying you need bigger fans, you need BETTER fans. I'm going to assume your radiator has two 12" fans on the shroud. If it has a shroud, which it should.
Anyways, those two piddly 1200cfm fans which probably don't even pull 1200cfm aren't cutting it.
SPAL has a 12" fan that pulls 1850cfm. Two of those and you're pulling 150% more air than those 1200's that don't pull 1200 are doing.
I think ill shop around for some stronger fans that will fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
I ended up running a LS1 fan shroud after tilting my radiator forward a few years earlier at an attempt to keep my running temps down. The LS1 fan shroud flows 10K CFM. 5k each fan. If you go this route make sure you run larger wire and 40amp relays to each fan. At startup they draw 30amps each then 13 amps continuous. I mated it to my mishimoto aluminium shroud now only 1 fan is enough to cool my motor down on 95+ degree day. if you're interested i can post pictures later when i get home from work.
this seems ideal. thanks for the idea.
Beas is offline   Reply With Quote