View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #20
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaSR20DET
best way is save your money till you can afford to install an engine the right way meaning good tune and quality parts. Its gonna cost way more than $4000 if you want things to last. Please don't be one of those who cheap out and end up blowing shit up. Use the search its a helpful tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14 Ender
Keep the KA, it's reliable. Drive the hell out of your car and when it goes boom get an LSX. I've gone through two SRs and it's just not worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberWear
@Brndck is right. Knock out all the small(but important) stuff first before you put 400hp under your hood. It's common sense.

Coilovers, solid subframe bushings, diff carrier bushings, sway bars, strut bars, z32 brakes, LSD, roll bar/cage, race seat, etc. The 240sx chassis isn't fortified enough in stock form to drop in a racecar motor and be good to go.

Spend your money wisely. It vanishes quickly when building a 240. Especially when you pay for help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001
My "8k" has gone and went. Now it's "20k" and the car is still nothing but a frame sitting on jack stands. We've all been there and done that, hence the proceeding comments.

Also, Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Suspension/steering mods,upgraded clutch and flywheel, 2way LSD, bucket seat, and steering wheel.

Then lots of seat time.

THEN add power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O$mo View Post
Add brake upgrades in there too

All these members that I quoted have gave you the most important advice concerning ANY S-Chassis car, trust them...they will not steer you wrong. I know this sounds cliche, but I bought my S14 (which is street driven also) and if you plan on drifting and new to drifting...DO NOT GO DROP 2-8K ON AN ENGINE. I know it many sound painful, but learn from the bottom man.

I planned on doing a KA-T, then decided no...I want a 1JZ (which will come in the future) but ultimately, being in college, and the fact my car is daily driven...it will be fucking stupid to do that on a budget, jeopardizing ALL reliability and more importantly, SEAT/DRIVING TIME. So I stuck with the KA. (I bought my car for $4000 and I already have $2500 roughly exact for just a rebuilt KA trans, PBM coils and getting ready to save up for complete replacement for all arms, rods etc. Just imagine how much shit could go wrong and have to replace when you transplant another engine)

Especially if you have stock parts (suspension, open/vlsd. etc) your swap in any of those engines, you will blow your shit out man, the S14 is NOT fortified enough to handle them stock.

If the KA is in good condition, drive it, learn it, push it to it's limits, but MAINTAIN IT ALSO, don't intentionally blow the shit up like the rest of those fucks who does that shit on purpose....master it, and while you mastering it, upgrade suspension, upgrade clutch/flywheel , Bucket seat...get a proper 2 way (you can get a welded, but since you have a expanded budget, get a real 2 way...Tomei is reasonably price for theirs compared to KAAZ and the other brands, I'm saving up for one, cause I don't think I want to deal with a welded on daily basis) oh yes, and as O$mo said...upgrade your brakes, especially if you going for any I6-V8 swap. Preferably the 300zx brake swap. ALL OF THIS, you will thank us, yourself and your wallet later.

Trust me man, buy accordingly, gauge accordingly, you will learn to appreciate your car, your work (if your doing it yourself) and maybe be one of the few who has pride in their car. Unless of course your unlike me, and like the rest of the trend happy, "#AINTCARE", Hoonigan, #Tankedout240 dumb fucks and just wanted to become internet famous to show you have money and don't give a shit.

Then I will say, fuck you, fuck your life, fuck your money and sell your 240. Don't you contribute to the fuckery that's making these cars approach the brink of extinction.

EDIT: I just seen your from South Florida...just to let you know, there is a NO-TOLERANCE rule for Florida on this forum. So if you fuck up, prepare for a biblical like onslaught from everybody on this forum. Please do it right, and you will achieve recognition immediately just by separating yourself from the Ebola level of plauged infested 240sx that currently resides in the state of Florida.

With that said, I wish you the best with your build, I have faith you will be one of the noticeable exceptions of Florida.