View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #619
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
No I am not in S. FL, and the machine shop I'm using is one that has done some pretty spiffy stuff for businesses, and even some work for Lockheed Martin and Rockwell. I think they did some stuff for NASA and a branch of military too.

Anyway.

I finally picked up the parts, and good lord, the stuff looks so good I don't wanna put them on the car now lol

Everything fits, and everything works like butter.

There was a slight miscommunication between the shop owner and I, however, as I asked him to put a taper on the spacers for the tie rod ends. Instead of putting the taper on only 2 of them, he put them on all four.

At this point, I can either ask him to make me another 2 spacers and having to pay for them, or I can just go to Ace Hardware and buy a bunch of grade 8 washers (another advantage to using standard inch sizing hardware, you can pick up a lot of stuff from local hardware stores) and stack them to get to an inch, which will be the easier, cheaper, and faster way of going about this.

The only downside to the washers is that, the tolerances on them aren't as high as on the machined spacers, so they're a tiny bit loose on the bolt (I.D. isn't exactly 5/8"). I'm not sure how big of an impact that will have on the loading of the bolt and the aluminum spacers, so if someone can chime in on that, that would be awesome.

Here are a couple of pics.

High res pics taken w/ a proper camera will come soon... hopefully lol
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote