Thread: Bumpsteer
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #19
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughzilvian
ok, to follow-up with my orginal post;
I have replaced the inner and outer tie rods from SPL and have replaced the bushings with ES bushings all around and had the alignment done. I am not satisfied with any of the the parts. It turns very well and tracks good enough but the steering still has a bit of bumpsteer. I have it aligned to -1.2 front/ -1.5 rear camber. Tie rods are parallel to the ground. I actually raised the car to about 3finger gap all around. I even took off my spacers on the front to see if there is a difference.

What I am thinking is that maybe it's the wheels? When I had the stock 7 spokes on there, it was fine. But I was running an 10k spring in the front. Now with the s14se wheels, I'm running a 6k spring. Gees, I might just get rid of the coilovers and go shocks and springs...who knows.

I'm not complaining about the situation, but am still looking for a fix for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants
people confuse bad alignment and tramlining with bumpsteer.
done.

you're feeling the SEs, smaller sidewalls track the road more.

run monster truck tires if your gonna be a bitch about it.

Furthermore Tie rods are supposed to be parralel with the LCA not the ground.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote