View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 01:42 AM   #22400
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Hey guys. Shattered a rocker arm on my SR last night, replaced it this morning and realized that both valve shims fell off. I looked online to ordered a new set, but I’m seeing multiple sizing options (2.875mm, 3.175mm, etc.). I was curious exactly how to know what size I need for my motor and how to measure them etc. Thanks.
There's a special tool you need to buy, or make, to measure the clearance in relation to the guide shim. The guide shims are all the same size. I think the FSM has the procedure. Also in the tech section, I saw a thread recently on how to convert to all guide shims, it has the procedure in there on how to measure clearance.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote