View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #19
DFWZenki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
DFWZenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebornS14 View Post
i need a/c control bulbs but they're tiny and i dont see replacements anywhere. LMK when you find some, i wants.

how manu wedge bulbs do i need to buy for the cluster and is there one for the clock i can buy or did that not have one?
You can buy replacement bulbs for your interior lights(climate control,dimmer, and cruise buttons) at Radio Shack. Part #
LED bulbs, #272-1092 at Radioshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebornS14 View Post
from this pic, where can i get the one on the bottom right so i can use it to replace the dead bulbs in my a/c and hazard, and defroster button.
I bought them from SuperBrightLEDs.com. Its under the "Component LEDs" section. They are 3mm White LED bulbs. You have to run resistors with them. I bought my resistors at Radio Shack, 5 pack for 99 cents! Here is a link i like to use to figure out what resistors you need with what LEDs: LED calculator for single LEDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
Its fine you don't like the amber thing.
Blue is the worst color for night vision.
White, well... look at that white... its TOO bright imo. It even washed out the color of the needles. I don't like the idea of a flashlight shining at my face at night.

Amber/red is the best color to preserve night vision, I don't want to look at my cluster only to look up and I can't see shit because my night vision got fucked because my bright ass blue/white lights blinded me.

Look at his "before" picture, notice how the blue head unit is producing a lot of glare/over-exposure/ouchies?

There is a reason why most companies only use amber or white. Look at bmw, almost everything is amber. Gauge cluster has amber/white.
The pic was taken with a Camera Phone. Also, the lights were turned all the way up to the brightest setting.
They are not that dramatic in person. You can also dim them if you think they are too bright but they are not that bad.
DFWZenki is offline   Reply With Quote