View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 09:12 PM   #11
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Update on the KA-T progress, I've ran into a few hick ups along the way. I've had to order a few parts here and there. I've only had time to work on this project in the evenings after work, minimal when I have to catch up on sleep in the afternoons too.

I pulled the subframe out, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I don't have much room in my garage for my engine hoist, so that's in a storage unit. I just took 3 jack stands, lifted the front end up, took the 3rd jackstand and propped the transmission up with it. Powersteering lines out of the way, steering column shaft unbolted, 4 subframe bolts and both tie rods unbolted, boom it was out and my KA was levitating.

Ripped the old oil pan out for the spare I had with an oil return bung.

I had to wait a week to get a 1/8" BSPT Male, DUAL 1/8"NPT Female fitting for the oil feed and oil pressure sensor. This same fitting that FRSport sells but shipping is like $15, free off of ebay...

I also ran into an issue with the old SR o2 elbow I had sourced from a friend... It turns out that the mating surfaces were warpped, I was about to go get it resurfaced at a machine shop when I said fuck it I might as well pay and buy a new one. Machine shop quoted me $40 to resurface... well, little bit more money and I got the ISR Performance 3 inch o2 elbow.

Test fitting everything, I realized I needed to adjust the clocking of the compressor housing. Everyone also suggested to get nut locking plates and ovaled nuts so that I don't run into boost leak issues. I picked up pocking plates and oval nuts off of Roland Gallagher.

I also did some chicken shit welds to the studs, sorry I'm not a professional welder.

I decided to ditch the solid motor mounts I had in favor for OEM ones. I just want streetability, I hate how everything on my chassis rattled loose from solids. It's great for the track but ffs I want to cruise on the streets.

Installed the Mishimoto powersteering cooler that I bought a while back Zilvia front page lo. No cool logo since I bought the cheap black one.

Fitting everything up and getting the coolant lines tightened down.

Now I got everything buttoned up, I'm waiting on a new FMIC kit. The FMIC and pipes I bought off of Matt Nelson were jank. After struggling to get everything working I decided fuck it I'll just get a new FMIC kit.

The FMIC kit sets me back further than planned, I'll have to pick up my Nismotronic Standalone later in the summer. Once I have the motor running I'm just going to brake in the turbo and stay out of boost. It's not my daily so it will sit in the garage most the summer.