View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 02:22 AM   #13
nakaathony

Trader Rating: (0)
nakaathony is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Didint pass yet again (thank God for free retest lol)

Okay! sorry for the late update (college) so something came in mind, I replaced my o2 sensor again and this time the HC numbers went even high and faild at both 15 mph and 25 mph, could it have something to do with my fuel injectors? me and my dad checked the voltage in my injectors and they all seem pretty fine! all in all, the main point is that my car isn't burning fuel correctly?
p.s. I found this on a smog article online, and I think this is most likely what is happening in my engine? any suggestions?

Lean Fuel Mixture - Any condition which will cause unmetered air to enter the intake manifold, and ultimately the combustion chambers, will cause high hydrocarbons (HC). This condition is called a lean miss-fire. Such faults as vacuum leaks and gasket leaks will cause lean fuel/air mixtures. Broken, disconnected or misrouted vacuum hoses will do the same. It is also important to note that many engine components rely on engine vacuum for proper operation. If any of these components are defective, externally or internally, they may cause large vacuum leaks as well. A good example of such a component is your vehicle's power brake booster.
nakaathony is offline   Reply With Quote