View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #9
guitaraholic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
guitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of light
If its 0w-30, should it not mean, that when its hot, it acts like 30 weight. Infact, 0w-30, 5w-30 and even 10w-30 should be the same at normal operating temperature. Infact, the only advantage I see of the 5w and 10w is the fact that it has a smaller range, and thus less likely to break down (the smaller the range, the less polymers are required to keep the oil viscosity constant over a wide range of temperatures), Infact, I can see one advantage of luburation of 0w and that is, it should flow through your engine pretty fast at startup. I have been running 0w-20 for 5k miles now, and the oil pressure jumps right up on start up and hits 30-40lbs at idle till it heats up, then settles to about 10lbs/1k rpm or so.

Another advantage of the 0w-20 is more horsepower, because there is less friction. I will have to find the webpage that had a dyno to prove several oil manufactures and wieghts with dyno number (independant study, NOT the Manufacturer). So you might gain a few (be it not many) horsepower, and mileage.
guitaraholic is offline   Reply With Quote