View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #29
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
For the track, those CTSV calipers like to eat/destroy the (rubber) dust seals.........like every other OEM Brembo.

The Wilwood (superlites) come with SS pistons and no dust shields/rubber boots which have to be rebuilt after a few trackdays (and the red brembos like to discolor after a few heat cycles).

That and pads for the Wilwoods are 1/2 the price of a comparable Brembo.
CTSV calipers are (were) stupid cheap and the cost came out close if I went either with the CTSV or Andys setup (I ran Andy's setup for a few years). Also, Wilwood has a multitude of piston sizes to really tune brake balance. You are stuck with what the CTSV provides for standard sizing

But I do like the fact that the CTSV caliper is pretty and rotor coverage. Running Andy's brackets leave about .15" of rotor uncovered by the c
caliper/pad.

I also did a full weight comparison between the 300ZX AL and Wilwood with standard Brembo 1 piece, Andy's bracket and Wilwood superlite 1.75 and the weight was a few lbs lighther than a 300zx AL setup. So I assume even lighter yet than the comparable CTSV setup. I will have to dig up my full spreadsheet and comparison (posted elsewhere on the net with associated pictures). Standard Brembo rotor is 20.5lbs a piece. A Z1 2 piece setup is about 5-6 lbs lighter yet.

Just my 0.02c.........

I

Last edited by RalliartRsX; 05-09-2017 at 10:14 AM..
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote