View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 07:49 AM   #8
Selrift

Trader Rating: (0)
Selrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Wait, are you suggesting to run a factory turbo ECU which will have a completely different pinout on a NA variant and expect the crank the key and be on your way?

You do realize that the NA and turbo variants have many differences usually one being compression points, this simply would not work.

Now to bring this example back to the 2JZ, lets say I have a non turbo IS300 and import the GTE turbos, wiring, and ECU I still have the issue that the GE engine has a distributor rather than coil on plug as well as other several differences.

What you're suggesting in this thread is a theory for saving money, but it fails in execution or else people would do it more. Even where you might me able to make things work you're costing yourself a headache and your time which is valuable.

I wholeheartedly hope that you sit down and crunch the numbers on a proper NAT build vs buying a VG30DETT and realise what you're actually saying.
Now there is something I did not know about the two motors differences that matter, how ever I feel as though there are way around that as well. Yes it would be increasing the cost and no I'm not saying just jump into this without research and without weighing in costs.
I realize what into my actually saying thank you very much. I'm happy to remind you of that every step of the way if necessary.

Not every motor has differences so fundamental as that. Not everything is as impossible as everyone makes it out to be is my argument. Depending on availability and pricing which option is better suited for you.

I'm not proposing we build a gateway to hell or swim to the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean in one breath here.

Either way you skin the cat in this situation it will be expensive, I don't care how optimistic you are about it. Wiring harness, motor, motor parts, drive train, ecu and or tune, exhaust, etc etc etc.....and either way it's going to end a huge under taking. Based on everything but the coils and distributore is shut that is going to come into question at some point in the build anyways and if you are I'll equipped for it in either situation you should have bought the turbo variant. Which is not the discussion I'm looking to have.

Last edited by Selrift; 01-30-2018 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: Grammatical errors
Selrift is offline   Reply With Quote