Thread: The Art Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #22
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
Same shit can be said with Shepherd Fairley if you want to talk about mainstream appeal...along with a gang of other famous new age "urban" artists

I never really saw all of Banksy's work until I read through his book

But I think any art that inspires or creates change in thought in another human being is good art

So to say he didn't do anything clever is quite the understatement
well, you're right. i will say his work on the Israel wall was extremely ballsy and impressive. but for the most part, most of his little work, all that, it's just this kind of "in your face" childish nonsense that isn't creative. it's just offensive. and that gets people off on the internet, it seems.

to be less of a negative nancy, though. Jim Lee is a god. to be more obvious, Frank Miller is pretty amazing. you may have heard of Sin City or 300 :P Eduardo Risso- 100 bullets may be a bit hackish at times, but if you go back to the first 20 issues or so, it's really something. and you can't talk about comic art (on an import board, at least!) without mentioning Katsuhiro Otomo. the Akira manga is some of the best drawn and written i've ever seen.

fine art... well, i don't know much about all that. i know i like Andy Warhol. but who doesn't fucking like Andy Warhol.