View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #15
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
Looks nice man.
Thanks! [emoji1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Good start with the 180.
But for goodness sake, please don't crash this one....lol
Hahaha yeah... I really should put some perspective in behind that.

Both the 32 and the 15 were crashed Street drifting. Before anyone jumps on and calls me a fuckwit, hear me out.

So until 2013 I was living in a place called Townsville. It's way up north near the best places to see the great barrier reef. The closest raceway that held/allowed drift events was 1400kms away.

While it shouldn't really be justification for it, I've only really been able to afford multiple cars (tow car and drift car) very recently. On top of that, the costs for travelling that far for a 4 hour event are rather prohibitive.

Ever since 2012 though (after I blew up the sr) there has been a local club called MADDinc, running events on a go-kart track in Proserpine. On top of that, I moved to Mackay which is 4-5 hours south of Townsville and only 1.5 hours away from prossy.

I've grown up a bit since then too, and go well out of my way to discourage Street drifting/dragging/racing. I also became the unofficial event photographer for MADDinc and while I've only driven 1 event, I've been attending and helping run/promoting through photos and videos the events since the club started.

In the last month, I've also taken on Presidency of MADDinc (it's a not-for-profit club) and am trying to keep the local events running which is harder than you might think. People are still reluctant to travel that far which really shits me. I guess they use distance as an excuse to get away with streeting so I really can't judge.