View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #22
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
Bumping this old thread...I have an adjustable FPR, my car seems to be running rich as I can always smell fuel, seemingly unburned or not fully burned from the front and rear when at idle. It actually seems to make it's way into the cabin somehow, I actually just drive with the windows down. It's not horrible but definitely noticeable and annoying. Also, my fuel economy is not great, I'd guess I'm getting around 20MPG avge. with spirited driving.

It's a pretty much stock S13 Blacktop with FMIC, T28, Blitz BOV, short ram intake. What pressure would be suggested? The AFPR is oil filled, I have no idea what brand it is nor how to adjust it. Any help is appreciated.
This is best left to your tuner, or the manufacturer of your specific injectors.

Anyway, most injectors are based on 3bar, that's the 43.5psi base fuel pressure with vacuum disconnected. With vacuum the fuel pressure is around 35/36.5 depending on vacuum.

If you have unburnt fuel smell and poor fuel economy, then you should first do a basic tuneup. That's before willy-nilly adjusting fuel pressure. Old spark plugs, fouled out 02 sensor, leaking injectors vacuum/boost leak, bad mafs etc. You get the picture, I hope.

Sent from my Slightly Tuned Note 4!!!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote