View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #20
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Lets end this. These are your options:

1. Buy $10 adapter piece at the Nissan dealership.
2. Buy an E5 ECU and a Z32 TT fatty o2 sensor.

Hmm decisions, decisions.
The only possible problem I see with the Megan adaptor is that it doesn't put the tip of the sensor as deep into the exhaust flow as a stock elbow or a fatty. I haven't seen the stock adaptor so I don't know.

We're still trying to figure out which is which, for all those inquiring Zilvian minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Fatty - Blows

The zirconium dioxide, or zirconia, lambda sensor is based on a solid-state electrochemical fuel cell called the Nernst cell. Its two electrodes provide an output voltage corresponding to the quantity of oxygen in the exhaust relative to that in the atmosphere.
I only see one wire output for the sensor signal. Where does the other electrode go? Also, when you blow electrons at the ECU, this current triggered, not voltage triggered. Remember that electrons go from (-) to (+).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Skinny - Sucks and Blows

This type does not generate its own voltage, but changes its electrical resistance in response to the oxygen concentration. The resistance of the titania is a function of the oxygen partial pressure and the temperature.
I don't see how a single sensor can both suck and blow. Can you explain?

How do you know if the skinny is not a Nernst cell?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote