View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #12
CompleteXen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
CompleteXen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfHz View Post
So under further inspection of what was assembled of the block I bought, I found these two things that concerned me a bit.

Here it looks like an aluminum shaving, possibly from when they put in valve guides? Like I've said earlier, I'm new to this, but this looks like it could be bad news if left as in and ran. On the other side of the engine, another valve had a similar shaving, but much much smaller.

Another oddity I noticed was that one of the spring retainers did not have any markings like the rest of the BC ones, is this anything to worry about?
Looks fine for the most part, sometimes they rub off after repeated install/removal. For the shaving if could be from installing guides or resurfacing the head and just not cleaning it out properly.

Run air through all the ports, oil and water jackets in the head if you can and brake cleaner to try and break up any oil/shavings that might be in there before you do any assembly. Lots of machine shops don't care to go through and clean the engines before they send them off.
CompleteXen is offline   Reply With Quote