View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 08:22 PM   #7519
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
I keep seeing this shared on FB and I cannot for the life of me figure out why these would be beneficial on an S-chassis.

Doesn’t fix overcentering. The outer joint relative to the knuckle and the inner joint relative to the rack haven’t changed. Now there’s just a squiggly line in between, instead of a straight one.

Doesn’t help steering angle. The tie rod’s balljoint cup already stops against the FLCA, so the offset doesn’t gain you any extra travel.

Anyone know what these are for? Or is this just a marketing gimmick, similar to the stepped FLCAs that people were claiming as roll center correcting?

Attachment 101917

Edit - spelling

Based on how the google translate worded it, it didn't say it actually prevented over centering, and of course it wouldn't since the pivot point doesn't actually change, but it did say "assists with symptoms of over centering". I was thinking maybe since the tie rod is positioned outwards of the knuckle when it over centers, maybe it would help pull it back into position when you steer back, but even then the force is still being transferred through the pivot points so not sure if that works. They claim it helps though. Maybe someone will buy them and do a proper test.
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote