View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:08 PM   #49
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
I'm not really up on all the differences, but does anyone have an opinion between the Droid X and the Droid 2? I like the slide-out QWERTY keyboard, but if there are better reasons to go with the "X"...please post them. I do a lot of texting, music, and browsing (espn, zilvia, ebay), and I use VZ Navigator (doesn't appear to come on the "2") if that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Dude its huge difference....

Driod 2 will have 2.2 and new hardware its going to run way way faster than the DroidX... The X is more like the original droid with a bigger screen, pretty much useless...

So yeah droid 2 for sure and I one hand text a lot, so the droid 2 will fit better in your hand.... You have to hold the droid x in 2 hands for anything

Okay, I'm going to take some offense to this as I just got the Droid X yesterday lol

The main difference is size, keyboard and OS. Hardware specs are very similar, except the Droid X records HD video and has a 8 MP camera.

Droid X will get 2.2 update next month (Sept.)...so the OS factor should not be an issue at all. Also, I can do a lot of things on the phone with one hand, such as making a phone call and opening apps.

I prefer the Droid X over the Droid 2 because I don't like the physical landscape keyboard, and the extra screen real estate on the Droid X makes browsing and typing a breeze.

BTW....Swype is awesome! Time for me to do some research and see what I can do with this phone.