View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
K'netic

Trader Rating: (0)
K'netic is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, now I have some more down time so I started thinking about the badass vertical two-tone I had going on and decided it was time to fix it... After discussing the pro's and con's of three stage or single stage paint job with a friend who works at a body shop I decided to take option 3 and wrap the front end in black vinyl!

Then I said "Hey! I wonder what my rear wheels would look like on the front?"

The answer is: Pretty sick!

Hmmm... So since I'm still waiting for parts, it's time to add some color to my basically all-black beauty.

What color could it be?... Hmmm... Methinks PURPLE! HKS Purple to be exact.

BTW, if anyone is interested in the difference between VHT's and DupliColor's anodized purple, here ya go. Both have 4 coats of purple over the same silver base.

So now that I got the purple outta my system I had to come up with something to occupy myself until my parts get here.

I know!

Car cover.

I had a huge bolt of tan microsuede layin around and I know how to sew, so why not, right?

About 30 yds of fabric and 4 hours later...

Well, that's all I have to report for now. Hopefully the rest of my parts will be here by the start of next week and I'll be able to get everything buttoned up and rollin.

First on my agenda is to do a proper photoshoot for the old girl. I've had the car for going on 3 years and I've never done a photoshoot for myself. That's quite odd if you know how nuts I can be about photoshoots.

Here are some samples of my work.

I've always done photography as a hobby. All the shoots above were done for close friends. If you're ever in the St. Louis area and wanna snap a few shots let me know.
K'netic is offline   Reply With Quote