View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #26
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
ok. so the clutch slipping has nothing to do with the rpm dropping to zero. separate issues.

now. when you put the car in gear, and let the clutch out, does the car move?

if so, when you give it gas, do the rpms shoot up without the car speeding up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resq View Post
Yes and sorta when it's in gear the car moves forward when putting gas but it does feel like I've lost a lot of power. Also when I downshift the engine doesn't really get as loud as it used. Sorry if I sound like a total moron I just have littler experience with Manuel cars.

Quote:
After all this my car got louder for some reason.
First, there is most definitely an exhaust leak. Take it back and get that fixed.

Second, the easy way to determine if your clutch is going out is to put the car in 4th or 5th, rev it and drop the clutch from 4-5K; if it dies that's good, if it revs up and doesn't die, not so good.

EDIT:
Quote:
clutch, flywheel and tranny changed at once.
Being that you got your clutch replaced, it shouldn't be doing anything different. HOWEVER, now that you have a new clutch, you engagement point is VERY likely different than it felt before the work was done. Have them adjust the engagement (It's here and in the FSM: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=273470) or get used to the new engagement point.

No idea on the smoke or smell, but maybe it is residual from the install; grease, left over plastic from sloppy work, or some rubber hose butted up against the headers thats burning?