View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #52
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN4sty 305 View Post
The fact that everyone keeps bashing what the car looks like and how "ugly it looks proves how ignorant and irrational our society is now. Everyone is so fixated on a new "silvia" when you dont even know how to appreciate what Nissan is trying to do.
First of all, I dont care what they are trying to do. I care about what they are going to do. I hate feelers, and the fact that NISSAN is feeling out the community to double-check if they're able to recoup their investment is annoying. NISSAN is a huge company that spans across the globe, they need to put their big boy pants on and build a car that they think will sell and not worry so much about it being a flop. For fucks sake, ALL the parts nowadays are shared across the platform (smart move). Compare that to the 90s when there were so many unique parts for each car, no wonder they were hurting financially. But thats not the point here. The point is that this is not a 240SX or a Silvia, its a Datsun 510 spinoff.

As for taking away sales from the Z, well... thats just what happens. As a manufacturer, you cant just keep creating cars expecting the creation of one product not to effect another. But its no different than BMW with their over-saturated product line-up. Do we really need an X3, X5 and X6? These companies are just greedy and trying to fulfill each niche. Its all sales numbers and if you ask me, the 370Z is over-priced to begin with. Its a nice car, but I'll stick with straight-6 motors. And that brings me back to... OLD NISSAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^You're actually really knowledgeable, so I'd love to hear your opinion on the powertrain. I know the 6spd CVT is bullshit, but I don't know alot about the engine they're speculating about using. I just know it's in the Juke and it's turbo. Whats the deal?
I wish I could tell you something, but I know absolutely nothing about this car. Even when I was at the LA auto show I totally skipped over it because it did not catch my attention. There are so many offerings from so many other companies, why would I pay attention to this trashcan? Maybe Mr K was right when he said that the Versa is a more fun car than the current Z.