View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 11:46 AM   #8
LaMaR-
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LaMaR- is an unknown quantity at this point
Not long after fiberglassing that front bumper back together I lost all interest in the car. It seems to happen once in awhile and it actually took me until about June or July this year to get started again. But here it is finally getting worked on again.

So its been awhile and I finally have had the time and motivation to start working on her again.

So I finally put the motor back in the car to see if I could figure out a way to get it to fit under a stock hood. So far thats a no go but I am still trying to figure out a way.
Rx7 project by J Manderville, on Flickr

After deciding that I needed to move forward and concentrate on something new, I pulled the motor and started to clean her up.

after scrubbing the trans for awhile it looked like this and then the primer and paint went on.

After completing the easy part, it was time to move onto the motor. I didn't want to tear it all the way down, I just wanted to replace all the gaskets and really clean it up quite a bit. So out came the scrub brush again and after some hard work I finally got it to this point.

Initial Tear down

clean and prime

and some silver paint to really make it pop. The valve covers and some pulleys will be sent out for powder coating here soon, so I'm not too worried about the overspray.

After finishing up cleaning the motor I decided it was time to get the rest of the car in order. I was waiting on a ton of parts to come in anyway to finish rebuilding the motor.

First things first, cut and weld up the rear quarters for the wide body. I didn't want the normal cutout that people do because I will be driving the car on the street as well as the track so it needed to be closed off to the elements.

First thing I did was cut the outer panel off and then sliced the inner panel so that it would be easier to work with.
Then I bent all the metal outward and welded the seam and sealed it.
Drivers
Passengers

Rear panels put back on just to show that nothing can be seen.

Also not shown, I ended up ordering an angle kit from the Villains drift team out in Washington state. Really is a simple design but it works great. I can't wait to test it out and drive this thing.
LaMaR- is offline   Reply With Quote