View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 11:39 AM   #6
LaMaR-
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LaMaR- is an unknown quantity at this point
I go through cars too fast, The last car I posted ended up having a lot of rust that I didn't see originally, I guess I should have looked at it better. Also while working on it I noticed that the drivers floor was buckled a bit and came to a conclusion that it was probably hit in the door which is why the door doesn't fit 100% and the rocker was rusted. I begin my hunt for another shell and ended up calling about a car that was posted on craigslist. It ended up being about 10 minutes from my house and the guy just wanted it out of his yard so I went and looked at it really quick.
Heres the photos of how it sat when I went to look at it.

I didn't jump on it right away because it was a automatic and I knew the transmission mount was different from manual trans cars to automatic. IDK why mazda would do this but whatever thats life lol. I come home and call up Grannys speedshop and get a price for a new mount, it was way cheaper then I expected so I ordered and it drove back down to look at the car more thoroughly. It was really clean and had everything I needed for my current car. Needs a windshield but that will come later on I suppose.

Well I picked the car up Tuesday 24FEB15 and had it towed to my house.

Then wednesday 25FEB15, less then 24 hours later I had my suspension and wheels on the car just so I could get an idea of how they would look. In my opinion the tires are way too stretched for my taste so they will be changed out but overall I'm really happy with it. I can't wait to get my motor in this car and finally be able to drive it again.

Then today when I got home I wanted to get an idea of how low it would be with the skirts on. so I threw the drivers side on.. I really can't wait now.

Thats all for now, but as soon as I can get the bay painted I will be putting the motor in and sending it off to have an exhaust made for it.

After a very long hiatus from this project and spending much of my time working on my house, I finally decided it was time to start working on it again. I got the motor bolted back in for a test fit and went to put in the new transmission cross member and realized that I was sent the wrong one. So I couldn't finish that goal. On the plus side though, I did get ahold of Grannys Speed Shop and talked to them about the issue, they are sending me the correct mount this week at no charge. Couldn't be happier.

Well with that part on hold yet again I decided why not actually go ahead and test fit all of my panels, besides the rocket bunny wing but that'll come later lol. Everything fits really well except the front bumper, I need to figure out what to do in order to relieve some pressure off of the fenders.

Sorry in advance for the horrible photos but the car is too low to get out of the garage. I think that a taller sidewall on the rear tires will help since I don't really want to raise it up any. Onto the photos.

In this photo you can see that the rear tire is actually low on air plus its super stretched, not really my style. Bigger rear tires will be going on for sure.

Last but not least I figured I would throw in a photo of my house with the car. Love how both of them look and can't wait to have the car streetable again.
LaMaR- is offline   Reply With Quote