Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #20
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
dongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Yes, dyno on a stock swap is actually something I have just recently started to recommend.

A. Most people, even experienced shops, don't get the base CAS timing right. Which even if it's off by a little bit can throw off base HP numbers by 50-100 HP!!!!, I KNOW!

B. TPS, and other parts of the motor are harder to check when they are not under controlled conditions. I can data log your air temps, vacuum and other functions under controlled conditions on the dyno to make sure your stock swap or motor with bolt ons is at it's peak potential mechanically.
nice, this is such an important piece of information to know from an expert. I heard you can do a remote dyno/tune, how can you achieve that?

also, do you have any comment of my second part of the questions?

"if the car is running stock ecu and recieving a knocking code, would running a dyno tell any information about where the knocking happens?"
dongoesby is offline   Reply With Quote