View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 07:34 AM   #63
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
That's useful, I had never heard from anyone that used the UAC adapters before, thanks. I see that the UAC design is still inset about 1/4" at the center of the speaker so it would effectively move the magnet back. Makes sense. I'll play with the angles a bit and maybe offset the mounting surface outward to see if I can avoid that.

Nice thing about parametric design and 3d printing is that if something doesn't work, you just fix it and try again.

What I should do is also model a few typical speakers and measure the resulting maximum inset against the factory active speaker module.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote