View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #14
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Got a S13 SR black top from a friend today. Needless to say, the motor needs work. It looks like it fought in both Iraq and Afghanistan and never took a bath. I took off the valve cover to see what we were dealing with to find a lot of missing shit. Good thing we worked a pretty decent deal for it. It'll need to be sent to a machine shop when it's completely torn apart and then damage control will need to take place. Not too worried as all the essentials look in place.

Here it is after starting the tear down.

It 100% definitely needs a harness amongst other things but a lot of the janky shit is being replaced with better stuff anyways so I'm not too concerned. The plans are to go BC for most of the hardware on the head and Tomei Poncams with Tomei adjustable gears. If I can't source a new set, I'll most likely be going HKS. The goal is to hit somewhere close to 500RWHP. We'll see because I'm kind of doing the motor and rear end at the same time [as I find dope deals, I'll go back and forth]. The motor will be a slow build even though I first thought of throwing a Toyota motor in it; maybe I'll make use of the 2JZGTE block later on and start building that once the car is running and sliding.

As you can see [and most of you know], the work is never done and plans always change. I have a pretty specific build list altered for the SR now which is giving me a warm and fuzzy. So, tomorrow I will break down and label everything in the motor, figure out what needs to be replaced/cleaned/powdercoated/saved/thrown out and keep on trucking. That process will most likely take me a few hours because most likely I'll keep changing the motor part of my shopping list. I don't like buying things twice. Oh, and hopefully I can grab a few SAWZALL blades tomorrow and FINALLY do the SPL solid subframe bushings. Every time I get to it I either get ADHD and go do something else or someone calls and needs me to go help them out.

Here is more progress on the stupid sound deadening. Once I get a little further, I can dry ice the back seat portion of the car. Still undecided if I'm going to do the front seats part as well. I know from past experience it gets hot as death without even with a carpet and with the added 110ish degree weather every day this summer, I'm not too tempted to rock it especially in a car with no A/C.

Anyways, I should have a few boxes on their way from Japan so when that arrives, I'll take more pictures.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote