Thread: SR IACV delete
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Why do you want to delete it? I can tell you from experience that they are extremely nice to have. Even on a motec system you cant achieve a super clean idle without them.

Reduce clutter, one less system that can go wrong, etc. The main reason is that even with the IACV and correct settings for my TPS, throttle plate, CAS, etc. I still can't get it to idle correctly (as in below 1200 rpm). I've tried 2 different IACV units and it does the same thing so I ruled out that it's not a bad unit. Ultimately, if my car can idle at a better RPM without it, I'll deal with slight fluctuations and occasional dips.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote