Thread: Ca18det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 01:30 AM   #67
Canadian_S13

Trader Rating: (0)
Canadian_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
CA CA18DET problems

Okay, I have been having some problems latly and I would like to hear your thoughts on what it could be...

Ever since the fuel filter was changed my car has been having a problem with holding an idle, at first it wasn't bad but latly my rpm's will drop to 500 or lower rpm everytime i stop and the car has a bad vibration. If I accelerate at an easy pace my rpm's seem to slow and the car feels like its cloged or something around 3000rpm, if I open the throttle all the way(for a brief moment, then ease up) it usually goes away sometimes with a jolt and black smoke. If I accelerate at full throttle the car runs good but sometimes jolts during acceleration with puffs of black smoke then continues like normal. If I shift gears the car bogs(very harsh)then continues to accel. Or if I drive normal and rev higher then 3000rpm then shift theres a puf of black smoke. Also when car idles it sometimes puffs white smoke sometimes

I took it into nissan and he did some cleaning throttle body and it seems to have gone away for the most part. The car will idle fine if driven appropriatly but if I drive at full throttle it will drop to 500 or sometimes lower rpm, no vibration that I can feel when it does this though. If I accel. easily I can still see and feel the rpm's slow around 3000rpm, but it is alot better then it was. I can't tell if the smoke is gone cause it was night when I drove it after it was serviced.

so yea, thats what's happening.... all insites are welcome and needed thanks!
Canadian_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote