View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Rod knock/bent valves question

I’m not sure if this belongs in the small questions thread, but I’m at a dilemma.

I’m fixing a 2006 Altima QR25 which was ran with low oil and spun a bearing. Upon removing the cylinder head to see if it was salvageable, I did a pressure test to test the valves and it lost pressure/valves were leaking. There was no visible bent valves, but the air was definitely coming through.

Now my question, if a rod bearing is spun or he connecting rod it loose, is it possible that it could bend a valve? At first I thought yes, reason being that there’s now extra room for the rod/piston to move up and down while the crank is still in its normal position, but then I realized that the compression of the air would still be pushing the piston downwards away from the valves.

Feel free to say your opinion! I’m interested to see what’s up with this thing.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links