Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #35
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
You are never going to hit EVERY single cell in a map because every car traces through different regions or collections of cells, depending on build, the amount of load etc.

On a dyno dynamics you can hover in one exact cell, raise the timing up and up while watching tractive effort (or torque) in real time. Once you read the best possible torque in a given cell and your addition of timing to said cell begins to not give you any return in power you know you should back track a couple of degrees lock it in and move onto the next cell in the range.
Thanks for the response....but I am truly interested in my 2nd question....

Can the dyno apply negative and positive load?

Can you hit cells that you would only hit if you were at closed throttle and letting the car decelerate (dyno is applying the power to keep the engine turning, even tho the throttle is closed enough that the car would normally be decelerating)?

Can you hit cells that are in higher boost (i.e. dyno works as a brake.....so you keep builiding boost but the RPMs don't go up)?

j

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote