View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #13
SilentSamurai8
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SilentSamurai8 will become famous soon enoughSilentSamurai8 will become famous soon enoughSilentSamurai8 will become famous soon enoughSilentSamurai8 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecl9 View Post
Car is gorgeous, the brown interior caught me off guard. Glws.
UPDATE:

This car is now sold, as I purchased it on 3/25/18. For anyone that was genuinely interested in the vehicle, feel fortunate that youdid not purchase it and I took the hit for you.

As to not go into too much detail or get long-winded about it, I will simply make a few quick statements. From the beginning of our communication the seller was misleading, deceiving and towards the end, down right lied about many things.

The damage to the front end was not even mentioned until we had already negotiated our highest offer. I noticed after the fact that the seller edited the original post to make it seem as if it was always there . Fair enough.

After some deliberation and communication we decided to agree on a price and purchased tickets to fly from the bay area down to LA for the car. It wasn't till we had agreed to purchase, following a test drive and more deliberation, because things were again not as described, that the seller thenindicated that he didn't have a pink slip/title. Although he assured us that he has sold cars like this many times before, the paperwork was filled out incorrectly, with the seller putting himself as a lienholder. This, as well as a number of mistakes, made it extremely difficult to try to register the car in our name after the fact, let alone get a new title.

With that, I've also noticed what seems to be a leak from where the head meets the block near the turbo manifold at the back of the engine. I've still yet to get time to get it up in the air at the shop but I'm assuming it may need a head gasket at a minimum.

The current set up for the power steering reservoir is inadequate and ended up leaking on us within 30 to 45 minutes on our way home. Again, I don't wanna go into so much detail right now, but I spoke about this with the prior owner before setting out. He acted as if any leaks on the car were new to him, and that the car had never given signs of these issues before. He generally acted surprised about everything…

Point is... The car does not look nearly as good aesthetically in person and the pictures here are most certainly edited. Fair enough. If you fill up the power steering, it will begin to leak within the first few minutes of driving. Within 30 minutes it will be nearly completely empty. There seems to be an oil leak at the back of the engine and the car is getting knock readings on the power fc that leads to fuel cut. I could go on.

SilentSamurai8 is offline   Reply With Quote