View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #9
zodpowercy

Trader Rating: (0)
zodpowercy is an unknown quantity at this point
Many thanks for propably one of the best detailed reply since my question. I know a lot of these stuff is implied for most of you but...i am amazed by how much i don't have a clue..

Anyway i get it, the gt2560r is the best choice because of its potential.The problem is my engine and ecu is stock.As i said i only have a larger radiator,slightly larger at 2.2 inch exhaust after the catalytic converter,an hks filter and the bov relocated at the hotpipe with recirculation on the air intake.I had the car running perfectly at 10-12 psi (not to lean,not to rich) for the last few years .
I don't have money for a proper ecu or a piggy back like an emanage and tuning.And that includes nistune which nobody in my island has a clue and i would have to send my current ecu abroad ,wait for it to be sent back and then...just hope it can be tuned.

I just can afford to replace the turbo (+ restrictor and new lines) and i hope the car runs fine as it did for the last few years.

That's the reason i ask so many times if the larger gt2560r will be ok...

I had only one reply that it works at stock(Many thanks ultimateirving)....but...at what pressure ? 10 psi will be ok ? Or it will be to much and run too lean ?
If it needs to be set at less will 8 psi be ok ?

I run the car daily so its important for me to have the car running properly.I don't want to be stuck in the situation of installing the gt2560r and then end up having the car run too lean or too rich at lower boost and need an additional ecu and tune to have it running properly...
zodpowercy is offline   Reply With Quote