View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 06:05 AM   #4
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodpowercy View Post
Hi there! Sorry if this has been answered before but i would be thankful having some help what to choose.My gt25 stock turbo broke and i need some help on what turbo to choose to replace it.I have a stock s13 redtop swap on a s15 with a stock s13 redtop ecu.My only mods are a larger radiator,a hks air filter,a 2.2 inch exhaust after the cat and i have moved the bov on the hotpipe with keeping recirculation on the air intake.
My current options are the garrett gt2554r and at the same price the gt2560r (or else the s15 turbo as it is known) .I know the gt2560r has a lot of potential with a front mount intercooler ,a 80mm intake with a z32 maf and maybe a NIStune stock ecu upgrade along some larger injectors and tuning BUT as currently i can just afford a new turborcharger what i my best option ?
I run the car flawlessly for a couple of years with the gt25 (neither too rich or too lean) at 10psi (0.7 bar) .
I assume the gt2554r will work perfect at the same boost and from what people in the forums say with at least a z32maf (on a 80mm apexi intake or something custom) 12 psi are possible without anything else as the stock ecu will be automatically adjusted to sent more fuel.Am i correct or i assume wrong ?

And ...if i choose the gt2560r to have future potential will it work straightly as i install it ? As i told you before i currently can barely afford the turbocharger so...will the car properly at 10 psi (0.7 bar ) as the stock ecu was set or will it run to rich or too lean ?
If not will it help if i reduce the pressure with a boost solenoid or through the waste gate to 8psi (0.6 bar) ?
And lastly If it works...what is the maximum pressure i can run if i install in the future a z32 maf before needing injector and ecu upgrades and tuning? Are 12 psi (0.8 bar possible or it will run too lean ? )

Sorry if those questions sound too dump or i sound too cheap.I don't want to install an aftermarket ecu as i was happy for many years with the stock one and modifying the stock one means i have to sent the ecu abroad as no one mods stock ecu's in my country and putting aside waiting for the ecu refurbishing i then would need someone to tune it and tuners here charge for an arm and an leg as there are very few of them here...

Thanks in advance !

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote