View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #13
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLABOUTDAZ View Post
what wiring would need to be done if using 5 speed tranny harness and 5 speed ecu?

Almost none is needed (i mean that as in it is very easy)

I just did this swap in my 95 240sx auto, I used a 95 engine/5spd/harness/ecu all from the donor car.

Only thing i ran into was the 12v power supplied to the starter.

Seems to me that using ALL 5 speed harness/wiring in the auto car it will have no 12v power (signal wire that lets starter run).

To fix it i located the odd looking 3 wire triangular plug that comes from the lower harness. I then went to my auto harness and found the same pigtail lead as the 5 speed triangle plug except for the fact the auto harness is a 2 wire rectangular/square plug. I cut that harness section out to where i had the 2 wire square plug with the 2 wires( one is the signal to starter*fatwire* and the skinny wire is the oil pressure switch i believe, at the other end of the harness is the starter signal so it will plug into the starter. Re connect the OP switch and you will now have 12v signal to your starter and the OP switch is now hooked up.

After doing this, it allowed my new 5 speed swapped car using all 5 speed stuff(harness/ecu/etc)

Only thing i need to know is the cable that comes from the auto shifter that allows the key to come out of the ignition lock cyl.

As of right now i just have my auto shifter Laying on the passenger side floorboard ( im not 100% done with my swap, still have to install the clutch hydraulic system, and a few other things)

Anyone know what to do with this cable and how to keep it in the park or neutral position so i have no issues with my key or starting? I wanted to remove the whole cable or chop it off so it doesnt rub my 5speed shifer.