View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #21952
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_lol View Post
any major differences between redtop/blacktop/notchtop transmissions? my notchtop spun a bearing and I wanted to buy a forged blacktop but will it fit in my old tranny?
I'm guessing yes but just want to be sure
E: also out of curiosity, how much power can the tranny hold? the new engine would have all the stuff necessary for more than 480hp, and has a stage 2 clutch, but how much can the tranny take?
There's slight gear ratio differences between S13/S14/S14a transmissions, but they share the same bellhousing bolt pattern and are pretty much interchangeable. Just make sure to reuse the speed sensor for your chassis. (Use an s14 sensor in an s13 trans for example)
S15 trans will bolt up also, but you'd have to change flywheel, driveshaft, and crossmember.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote